Sunday, December 27, 2009

Not much going on

Sunday, December 27, 2009
10:02 P.M.

Greetings everybody! I have to say, I'm not all that sorry that I haven't updated this blog because the weather has been unbearably boring. Most people like this "nice" weather but for me "nice" weather consists of floods, hurricane-force winds, and lightning powerful to make the galaxy rumble. That's right. The galaxy. I did get some excitement with regard to booms in my life when I shot my first shotgun today (I've already shot rifles) and I look forward to getting my hunters safety liscence and hunting in the future. However, even the boring weather created treacherous conditions on some of the regional roads, with my dad's Chevrolet Suburban fishtailing all over local streets on Whidbey Island.

We've been stuck in a pattern of inversion lately, with air above us slightly warmer than that at ground level. This is because when the air is stagnant enough, warm air will rise and cool air will sink, since warm air is lighter than cool air.



We will see a weak system Tuesday, followed by one a little stronger New Year's Eve into New Year's Day. Details get fuzzy after that but I don't see any strong storms in the near future and with El Nino taking more of a hold I don't really expect much in the way of severe weather for the rest of the winter in the Pacific Northwest. The mountains will also have their troubles getting some snowpack. But hey, it doesn't hurt to do a dance or two. :)
Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment