Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year and a New Pattern

Wednesday, December 30, 2009
10:01 P.M.
Greetings, my friends and fellow weather lovers. As 2009 draws to a close, we can look toward one thing in the weather department - a more active weather pattern. All I can say to this is it is about time. Let's take a look at our coming system.



This picture shows the 3 hour precip ending at 7 A.M. tomorrow. As you can see, most of the energy is headed into Oregon. Washington will still get wet later in the day tomorrow though, as the front picks up strength and moisture as it undergoes frontogenesis. What I'm really looking forward to though are the post-frontal showers after the storm.


This pic shows the 24 hour snow totals expected as of 4 P.M. New Years day. As you can see, the Olympics will see tons of snow and the Cascades will see lesser but still large amounts. I still need to get some first turns in, and hopefully this mountain snow will goad me to get off my butt and start skiing.

Happy New Year everybody! Enjoy a more active weather pattern! (and more blog posts by me as a result)

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment