Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Weather Station!

Thursday, January 5, 2011
9:38 A.M.


I hate to say it, but the weather so far this year has been incredibly boring. Sure, we've had a couple rain events here and there, and we did have a windstorm on Christmas Day, but for the most part, even thinking about the weather around here has made me sleepy. That's partly why I haven't updated my blog lately (although to be fair, I was also catching up on some family time when I was home for the holidays).
One thing that actually is pretty cool, though, is a weather station I set up on a beach-house my family owns on South Whidbey Island. You can see the statistics in real time at this link.

This link shows you the current temperature, the high and low temperatures of the day and the times at which they occurred, the current humidity outside, the total rain for the day and year, and the current barometric pressure.  For some reason, the anemometer is not currently reporting, so I'll have to fix that the next time I head up there, but this spot has great southern exposure, so we could see some pretty high readings next time a windstorm strikes our area!

If you are looking for some interesting reading, check out Scott Sistek's 2011 weather year in review here

I gotta go to class! By the way, I have a pretty intense schedule this quarter, so my blogging may be less frequent, particularly if the weather continues to be boring. But, when the big storms roll in, I'll leave my homework for some other night.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! One more pressure observation I can assimilate into my research models!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be good for the wind events when I get the anemometer working again!!!

    ReplyDelete