Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Videos From My Micronesia/Hawaii Trip

Tuesday, July 23, 2013
12:14 A.M.

2:08 A.M. - I finally have all the videos on their respective blogs as well. I will number the videos, from top to bottom, and tell you the blog they correspond to.

1: Hawaii Day 3: Sea To Sky

2 and 3: Micronesia: Day 4

4 and 7: Micronesia: Day 14 - Sakau, Seagrasses and Sunsets

5 and 6: Micronesia: Day 8 - Storms and My Mangrove Report

8 - 12: Micronesia: Day 17 - Globetrotting Day

Finished 2:23 A.M. Time to sleep.

Hi everybody, I've finally uploaded the 'worthy' videos from my trip to Youtube. I'll post them here for ease of access, and I'll also post each one on the blog it corresponds to. Warning: my standards for 'worthy' videos are mediocre at best.

Here's a sunset from the top of Mauna Kea. A video doesn't do it justice... it was spectacular. Only thing missing is the green flash.



Here's a clip from our travel to one of the estuaries we took mangrove data at.



Here's a little clip once we were in the estuary. It was stunning... I felt like I should be hosting a show on Animal Planet.



It was cool to see a plane land on the airstrip. Pohnpei is so remote, yet it can be accessed with a couple airplane flights, which is amazing if you really think about it.



A classic tropical rainstorm. I didn't catch the most intense part of it, but it's still way heavier than anything in Seattle.



This late-night thunderstorm was the same day as the heavy shower above. I've posted the times of the lightning flash and thunder. Not a particularly memorable video unless you want to hear the soothing sound of my voice in the background.



It wasn't raining terribly hard where we were, but the runoff from the nearest storm drain suggested that it was pouring somewhere else.



Definitely my favorite video. It shows the view I had from the airplane lifting off from Kolonia. Pohnpei is astoundingly beautiful. I've never seen anything else like it.



We landed in Kosrae after our liftoff from the Kolonia air strip. Kosrae is beautiful too.



Lifting off from Kosrae.



Our pilot was not good at landings, and our landing into Kwajalein was a great example.



I saw some Kelvin-Helmholtz waves while we were flying and decided to try and attempt to film them. It was pretty turbulent, but Youtube stabilized the video for me. You might find it interesting.


Thanks! Hope you enjoy the videos. :)

Charlie

Finished 12:36 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment