Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Flooding?

Tuesday, December 7, 2010
5:44 P.M.

I know... I know... I haven't updated it in a while. Same story as always... I've been extremely busy. I thought senior year was supposed to be a breeze! Not with my class schedule... we will see if all my hard work pays off and I get into college. Hopefully I can at least get in somewhere.

Alas, this will be a short post, as there is more work to do in the homework department. However, I've been watching the models very intently for the past few days and they have been EXTREMELY consistent in showing a Pineapple Express event. The nature of the event, however, has been anything but consistent. Model runs have ranged from bringing all the rain to Oregon to a bulls-eye over Seattle to bringing the majority over Vancouver Island. They seem to be trending further northward. Things could change, and it will be wet around here, but I don't expect major river flooding issues in the Central and South Cascades. This means that the Green River will probably escape the flood threat, which is good news. The Olympics, North Cascades, and southern mountain ranges of British Columbia (Vancouver Island and the mainland) look to get a lot of rain, but we just aren't sure how much. The latest model runs don't stall the front as much either, which means more areas will get rain but less overall than if it stayed over one specific area.

In the meantime and in between time, it's raining heavily over the lowlands right now, and we could see an inch out of this storm system over the next couple days. The "Pineapple Express" over the weekend has the potential to give us even more significant rains, but the model runs as of now don't show a ton of rain for Seattle. It is a situation that bears watching.

And no snow in the foreseeable future.
Thanks for reading. :-)

Charlie

0:09 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment