Thursday, July 1, 2010

Finally getting warmer

Thursday, July 1, 2010
4:40 P.M.

Remember how I said I didn't think it was going to get to 75 last week? Well, I was wrong. We finally broke the streak. I was hoping we could extend it as long as possible. Now that it is over however, I am ready for the heat. And it is going to get pretty hot around here!
We aren't talking about a major heat wave. However, the persistent trough that has been over us will finally move east, making way for a ridge of high pressure. This will cause an increased thickness over the atmosphere, which basically a way of saying the level between two millibar points in the atmosphere will increase due to increased temperature and/or humidity. Still, we wiull get above 80 easily next week, and we start to really feel the effects of summer on July 5th (as always).
I'm having problems with web pictures on blogger. I post them but it doesn't resize them to the correct resolution. If anybody could help me with this, that would be awesome.
Thanks and have a great day,
Charlie




No comments:

Post a Comment