Sunday, March 28, 2010

Another Big Storm and Tons of Snow in the Mountains

Sunday, March 28, 2010
9:23 P.M.

Hey all, I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. Junior year man... if you are an underclassman, get ready for it. It's intense. And the fact that I want to be successful in life is what is keeping me bogged down with work and causing me stress. I think that's a bit messed up... schools assign way too much work. They are basically discouraging successful individuals from continuing from assigning so much work. They say they are preparing them for the workplace but my parents don't stay up till 12 each night doing homework. I think it's a bit rediculous. But anyways, I'm on spring break now and can finally talk. And a big storm is coming right on tap!


Ok so I fell asleep before I could finish this, so that's the storm we saw. My bad....
Anyways, let's get to the snow, something I am very excited about. Following this storm, we will be in a post-frontal cool showery regime, which will bring tons of snow to the mountains. A winter storm warning is in effect for 18-30 inches of snow above 3000 feet. That's the most snow we've seen from a single storm all year long. And it's spring! Now that El Nino is gone we are finally seeing some glimpses of what a normal Pacific Northwest winter is like. You can see the cold cumulus clouds on the visible satellite image, and that is what we will be under the influence of today and for much of next week. Lightning strikes have already been recorded off the coast and we may see some thundershowers here today. Also, don't be surprised if you see some snow flurries in the mornings this week! Nothing will stick, it may catch you by surprise.
This picture shows the predicted snow totals from 5 A.M. Monday to 5 A.M. Tuesday, and as you can see there are widespread amounts of snow totals of one foot or greater. The snow will continue throughout the week with amounts of 6 to 12 inches occuring each day. Winter is back!
Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment